Download and install phpoffice/phpword without Composer
Shortdescription PHPWord - A pure PHP library for reading and writing word processing documents (OOXML, ODF, RTF, HTML, PDF)
Rated 4.75 based on 4 reviews
All versions of phpword with dependencies
Informations about the package phpword
PHPWord is a library written in pure PHP that provides a set of classes to write to and read from different document file formats. The current version of PHPWord supports Microsoft Office Open XML (OOXML or OpenXML), OASIS Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument or ODF), Rich Text Format (RTF), HTML, and PDF.
PHPWord is an open source project licensed under the terms of LGPL version 3. PHPWord is aimed to be a high quality software product by incorporating continuous integration and unit testing. You can learn more about PHPWord by reading the Developers' Documentation.
If you have any questions, please ask on StackOverFlow
Read more about PHPWord:
- Getting started
- Developers' Documentation
With PHPWord, you can create OOXML, ODF, or RTF documents dynamically using your PHP 5.3.3+ scripts. Below are some of the things that you can do with PHPWord library:
- Set document properties, e.g. title, subject, and creator.
- Create document sections with different settings, e.g. portrait/landscape, page size, and page numbering
- Create header and footer for each sections
- Set default font type, font size, and paragraph style
- Use UTF-8 and East Asia fonts/characters
- Define custom font styles (e.g. bold, italic, color) and paragraph styles (e.g. centered, multicolumns, spacing) either as named style or inline in text
- Insert paragraphs, either as a simple text or complex one (a text run) that contains other elements
- Insert titles (headers) and table of contents
- Insert text breaks and page breaks
- Insert and format images, either local, remote, or as page watermarks
- Insert binary OLE Objects such as Excel or Visio
- Insert and format table with customized properties for each rows (e.g. repeat as header row) and cells (e.g. background color, rowspan, colspan)
- Insert list items as bulleted, numbered, or multilevel
- Insert hyperlinks
- Insert footnotes and endnotes
- Insert drawing shapes (arc, curve, line, polyline, rect, oval)
- Insert charts (pie, doughnut, bar, line, area, scatter, radar)
- Insert form fields (textinput, checkbox, and dropdown)
- Create document from templates
- Use XSL 1.0 style sheets to transform headers, main document part, and footers of an OOXML template
- ... and many more features on progress
PHPWord requires the following:
- PHP 5.3.3+
- XML Parser extension
- Zend\Escaper component
- Zend\Stdlib component
- Zip extension (optional, used to write OOXML and ODF)
- GD extension (optional, used to add images)
- XMLWriter extension (optional, used to write OOXML and ODF)
- XSL extension (optional, used to apply XSL style sheet to template )
- dompdf library (optional, used to write PDF)
Run the following to use the latest stable version
or if you want the latest master version
You can of course also manually edit your composer.json file
The following is a basic usage example of the PHPWord library.
More examples are provided in the http://localhost:8000 to view the samples. You can also read the Developers' Documentation for more detail.
We welcome everyone to contribute to PHPWord. Below are some of the things that you can do to contribute.