Other beneficial functions and features of the editor:
- Tags and parentheses get highlighted automatically by the editor and you will never have to count quotation marks or parentheses again.
- Other highlighting including that of block, selection and code snippet collapsing is supported. The use of bookmarks to make navigation easier and the establishment of the complete PHP project structure make life easier for a developer.
- The tool supports 17 user interface languages including English, Russian, Spanish, German and French.
- Codelobster works on all Windows versions: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
Now that we have talked about the free version of Codelobster, let’s take a look at the professional version, which provides even more features to developers:
The first of the many additional features is the ability to use the built-in FTP client to work on projects via files present on a remote server. Not only can you edit the files, you can also preview results and send the changes to the remotely present files. The SQL editor that comes built-in with Codelobster has code highlighting and auto completion features. In addition to SQL query execution and data export from your database, the SQL component of Codelobster also allows you to perform all fundamental CRUD operations: creation, reading, updating and deleting database rows.
In addition you get a huge set of plugins with the professional version:
- You can work with many famous PHP frameworks like CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Phalcon, Smarty, Symfony, Twig, Yii and Laravel etc.
- Plugins for famous CMSs like Joomla, WordPress, Magento and Drupal are also available.
Downloading any of the aforementioned frameworks is possible directly from within the program and you don’t have to open your browser to do that!
Using the simple setup wizard, you can install any CMS by filling a few fields and then pressing the “OK” button. The project gets configured automatically and the latest version of your favorite CMS gets installed for you to use.
To summarize, after years of work, our team hasn’t had any complaints against Codelobster. It has full support for Unicode, never hangs, is super-fast and allows working with large scale PHP projects.
Codelobster PHP edition can be downloaded from the official website here: http://codelobster.com.